Mytutorlist.com - Free Tutoring Classifieds Blog Home Advertise on this site! Blue Pandemonium Art and Toys Email Me!

Monday, April 9, 2012

Make Your Own Puzzle Ball

I wanted to make something special for my friend's baby over the holidays.  In my search for the perfect home-made gift, I came across puzzle balls.  
  They look neat, you can take them apart, they are soft, and they're easy for babies to grip onto.  They're also washable.  Perfect for a baby!
I had trouble finding a tutorial and template that had everything that I needed though.  So, with some experimentation, I came up with my own tutorial!
Want to make your own?  You can find the tutorial and template in my Etsy shop.  The instructions are easy to follow and there are 32 colour photos to illustrate the steps.  The pattern and template are instant downloads so you can start on your project right away.
It's work-intensive to make, but the result is so satisfying you'll want to make more!  
I have created a Flickr group here so that you can share photos of your finished puzzle balls.
If you would like to make a BIGGER puzzle ball, it is available here in a 9 inch super soft version.
One of my customers told me that her grandmother used to make these for her when she was little.  She was excited to find a tutorial for something that she had valued as a child.  I think it would be very sweet to get one of these from grandma or from another dear person.  What do you think?

Have a great day!

7 comments:

Siân Bell said...

Zach loves his Puzzle Ball (so do we) thanks!!

Mytutorlist.com said...

Hehehe! Sian, you are so sweet! And because Zach is so awesome, he was worth the trouble! :D

calbrecan said...

Hi,
I just purchased this pattern through my paypal account. But I am having trouble finding the download. Please help! Thanks!

Mytutorlist.com said...

Hi calbrecan,

Thanks for purchasing the pattern! The file is not an instant download, I send it to you via email :) If you check your email account, the file should be there now.

Take care,
Marie

November Girl said...

What a great pattern! Thanks so much for all the help and encouragement as I put together my first puzzle ball...it won't be my last! ( ;

Joanne Shin said...

I want to try and make this next. Where can I get the pattern?

PEREDAM SUARA said...

Greats post information for everyone, thank you